Toronto Divorce Lawyer Advising Clients on Inheritance Issues
Questions and disputes around inheritances and other significant gifts from family members often arise during separation and divorce, particularly when the division of property process begins. Inheritance issues are rarely straightforward and can become a serious point of contention between former spouses.
Feigenbaum Consulting provides comprehensive advice on inheritance issues in family law matters and offers proactive, strategic legal solutions to protect clients’ families and assets. Mark Feigenbaum brings many years of litigation, corporate law, tax law, estate law, and accounting experience to family law disputes. Through its multi-disciplinary approach, the firm helps clients move forward after the breakdown of a marriage while maintaining financial stability.
Common Questions About How Inheritances Are Treated During Divorce
Questions and considerations about what will happen to inheritances or major gifts during divorce include:
- Can my parents exclude my spouse from their will?
- Will my spouse be entitled to half of my inheritance?
- What happens if our matrimonial home was a gift from my parents?
- What if we used an inheritance to place a down payment on our matrimonial home?
- What if my inheritance was used to remodel or renovate our matrimonial home?
- Should I pay off a mortgage with an inheritance if I am getting divorced?
- What effect will an inheritance have on child support or spousal support?
- Will my children be entitled to any part of my spouse’s inheritance?
- What happens to my inheritance when my common-law relationship ends?
Keeping an inheritance separate from other marital assets requires careful, proactive financial and legal planning. Feigenbaum Consulting handles all facets of inheritance matters, including tax, accounting, legal, and financial considerations.
Contact Feigenbaum Consulting in Toronto for Strategic Advice on Inheritances and Divorce
Feigenbaum Consulting offers an unparalleled level of service to clients in family law matters, including inheritance issues arising during a separation or divorce. Mark Feigenbaum combines his knowledge of legal, accounting, and tax matters to create dynamic solutions that protect the client’s assets and meet their family’s needs.
Conveniently located just north of Toronto, Feigenbaum Consulting proudly serves clients in Canada, the United States, and across the world. Please reach out online or call (416) 777-8433 or toll-free at (877) 275-4792 to book a confidential consultation on your family law matter.