About Our Firm
We have a unique practice with broad experience in US and Canadian law, as well as Canadian and US tax and accounting specialties. Our practice is based on offering personal, confidential service to individuals and corporations with all manner of cross-border tax and legal issues. We routinely provide services to those in the sports and entertainment industry including professional athletes, singers, actors, directors, producers and writers.
We also provide services to businesses with cross-border interests and expansions. We assist high net-worth individuals with tax returns and complex tax planning. We have an expertise in navigating the complexities of the US and Canadian tax systems and receive complex referral cases from both sides of the border. We provide discreet, timely, and professional results for clients facing challenging or complex situations.
About Mark Feigenbaum
Mark has a bachelor’s degree in accounting, a law degree, a master’s in entertainment law, and a doctorate in international taxation. His dissertation is titled “An Analysis of Canada/US Cross-Border Taxation as it Applies to the Sports and Entertainment Industry.”
He also has a master’s in adult education, a master’s in economics, and several graduate certificates, including an alternative executive MBA program.
Mark has experience in various areas in both accounting and law. He is well known for his experience in cross-border taxation, specifically the unique taxation of the sports and entertainment industry. He writes for trade and popular press and has been cited extensively for background or as a technical resource in the media.
He has litigated numerous cases in both the United States and Canada at the highest levels, some of which have received national attention. In addition, he counsels many law and accounting firms and is an expert witness for tax and entertainment law litigation.
Other areas of his practice include family law, specifically cases that involve financial issues, cross-border estate planning, wills, and general corporate accounting and law, including cross-border mergers and acquisitions.
- Chartered Professional Accountant, Chartered Accountant, Fellow of the Institute, FCPA, FCA, (Ontario)
- Certified Public Accountant, CPA (Illinois, District of Columbia)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
Admitted To Practice Law:
- Licensed as a Barrister and Solicitor by the Law Society of Upper Canada (Ontario)
- Licensed as a Foreign Legal Consultant by the Law Society of Upper Canada (Ontario)
- Bar of the District of Columbia (Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia)
Admitted to the Bar the U.S. Federal Courts:
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Tax Court
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims