About Our Firm
We have a unique practice with broad experience in US and Canadian law, as well as Canadian and US tax and accounting specialties. Our practice is based on offering personal, confidential service to individuals and corporations with all manner of cross-border tax and legal issues. We routinely provide services to those in the sports and entertainment industry including professional athletes, singers, actors, directors, producers and writers.
We also provide services to businesses with cross-border interests and expansions. We assist high net-worth individuals with tax returns and complex tax planning. We have an expertise in navigating the complexities of the US and Canadian tax systems and receive complex referral cases from both sides of the border. We provide discreet, timely, and professional results for clients facing challenging or complex situations.
About Mark Feigenbaum
Mark has worked in accounting, tax and management positions in entertainment, retail, manufacturing and public accounting. He has taught both full and part time university undergraduate and graduate programs, and conducts continuing education programs for the Institute of Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario and other organizations.
Mark has a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Accounting from California and a Master of Arts (M.A.) in Adult Education from Michigan. He completed his coursework and comprehensive examinations for a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) at the University of Toronto in the Department of Theory and Policy Studies in Education, focusing on the economics of public/private funding of graduate education.
Mark completed graduate courses in Canadian taxation at the University of Waterloo, and courses in advanced US and international taxation, family law, and intellectual property at the University of Buffalo School of Law. He also completed a Certificate in Entertainment and Media Law from Osgoode Hall Law School, York University and The Business of Entertainment, Media and Sports program at Harvard Business School, Harvard University.
From California he has a law degree (J.D.), a Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Entertainment and Media Law, and a Doctor of Juridical Science (J.S.D.) in International Tax Law with a dissertation titled “An Analysis of Canada/US Cross-Border Taxation as it Applies to the Sports and Entertainment Industry”.
- Fellow, Chartered Professional Accountant, Chartered Accountant (FCPA, FCA, Ontario)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (Illinois, District of Columbia)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
Admitted To Practice Law:
- Bar of the District of Columbia (Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia)
- Licensed as a Barrister and Solicitor by the Law Society of Ontario
- Licensed as a Foreign Legal Consultant by the Law Society of Ontario
- United States Tax Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims